28 Days until season 2 starts! We have our line up of topics to start off 2023! Just to get caught up. Currently our seasons run from March 1st until December 30th. We do January and February off. This may change for 2024.
What are we going to discuss this year? Our first episode is going to go over what weddings in 2023 are looking like. Trends in logistics and decor.
For February we want to talk a bit about the top 5 things you need to do first when planning your wedding!
Now that all the holidays are pretty much over, we are technically still in engagement season until February 14th, it’s time to start thinking about the wedding you want to plan.
- Enjoy the engagement before you get into planning! Because once planning starts it could very well stress you out and take up way more time. But we do want you to NOT stress at all! Planning doesn’t need to be stressful. And that’s part of our goal…to make sure you don’t stress!
- Set your budget. How much money do you have for a wedding? Are parents contributing? If you have no idea where to start, a wedding can cost anywhere from $200-400 per guest. It just depends on what is important to you.
- Make a list of your top 3. What is the most important thing for you? Is it the location? Is it food? is it music? This is where most of your money is going to come from.
- Book your venue! Booking your venue is the very first thing you must do before you can book any other vendors. Based on your budget it will also determine which vendors you want and which ones you can afford. (PRO TIP: If there is a vendor you really want and it’s not in your budget ask relatives to give part of your vendor to you as a gift. If there is a caterer or photographer you really want, you can have them pay for a portion of the bill as your wedding gift)
- Get Organized! Set up a dedicated email just for your wedding. And create a binder or filing system on your computer, what ever works best for you.
Know that it doesn’t matter how big or small your wedding is, if you have 15 vendors vs. 2 vendors. Plan the wedding YOU want. Plan what makes you both happy. A wedding should represent who you are as a couple! And the only people who matter on this day is you and your partner!!!!